Introducing a kitten to my older cat? ?

tiffy

Jul 21, 2008
I've had my female cat for abou 6-7 years now, she's never liked other cats outside of my male cat who was one of her kittens. My male cat went missing about 1 month ago. (I don't know if that'll effect my female cat's behaviour) yesterday I got a I'd say around 2 month old female kitten who had been wandering around the parking lot of my work for the past 3 days. The kitten is very sweet towards people, but when it comes to other cats she has a bit of a attitude which I think is annoying my female cat even more on top of the kitten sleeping in my/her room. Everytime I turn around my female cat is hissing and growling at the new kitten, luckily she hasn't tried attacking the kitten, but throughout the day she's been slowly creeping closer and closer to the kitten just to hiss at her. What are some ways I can make it so these two can tolerate one another, and make it so I'm not having to watch them like a hawk whenever I know they're in the same general area? Plus any tips anyone has for me on introducing female cats to female kittens.

Back