Is my friend lesbian or just doesn't like me?

MartinRaml

Nov 14, 2010
I'm a guy. Please read my story and give me an advice.
I met a girl more than a year ago and we became friends. We shared the same interests. At that moment I had a fiancée and I had no secondary intentions.
Her friends are all GLS. I'm quite open minded so I had no difficulty to accept that and they respect me. She is working as a social assistant so I didn't see anything wrong. Btw a quite amusing group and we became soon friends.
I split with my fiancée because of different reasons and my friend helped me a lot during this period. I was quite depressed for a while, we were together for more than 3 years and she got pregnant from another guy.
My friend was always very kind to me and I soon fell in love with her. Once in a party I kissed her and she seemed to like it. But then in the same night someone talked to her and she suddenly changed. She told me that he was a director of a program she was working for and is also gay.
Next day we had combined to go to a movie theater. When I came to her house, she insisted to take along her sister and another girl. Before the movie started we had some drinks and her sister – also a social assistant – started some strange talks about all social assistants being lesbians.
The fact that she didn’t want to be alone with me made me sad and I decided not to see her for a while.
We met accidently during a big festival 2 months later. I met her friends and they made me wait for her. But everything was different this time and she left just a few minutes later. I was at the festival with a friend and he had some issues with the gays, so I did not stay with her friends.
Already in the morning after all bands stopped playing, I was waiting for my friend who went to the toilets and I met her again. This time she insisted in not leaving me alone until my friend came. This took quite a while and we had time to talk a little bit. I was still hurt and I told her that I wouldn’t insist in someone who doesn’t love me.
After that episode we started talking via MSN, but I didn’t have the courage to tell her my feelings. She tells me all about her life, but no boyfriend.
I’m still in love with her. I think that she may not like guys just girls and doesn’t want to tell me. Or she could be in love with one of her gay friends. Or she simply doesn’t want me. Is there still a chance to be my girlfriend?
I decided to put this into the GLBT section because here I will meet more sensitive people.
Thanks

Back