Kazaa? Napster? Morpheus?

Well, 128 isn't cd quality, neither is 192, technically all thats cd quality is cd.

And sometimes 128 is better than 192. When converting cd's to MP3 I could adjust quality settings so it takes from 10 min to an hour to convert a full cd and thats regardless of whether its 128 or 192.

What I don't like about kazaa is the amount of things you get that are just bad quality, MP3's that are screechy, dull, tinny etc.....

I've just got access to a fileserver with over 300 rock/metal cd's on. Need a new HD Best thing is the ease of getting full CD's and knowing there going to sound good!

Well then your on about Privite peer to peer vrs public peer to peer. First off DVD's that have visual problems, What do you want for free??? If you look hard you can find some good stuff on kazaa. Then you talk about private peer to peer, and yes that is much better, the only thing is its much easier to assure quality on one of these networks because they are much smaller than kazaa ( currently sharing close to 700 billion gig of data). Then private servers also can charge money for access and usually have some form of requirement such as providing cash, or hard drive space and so many megs of new files per week. If you want it for free take what you can get, as i said look and you shall find, i've spend the last 5 or so weeks collecting entire series of dragon ball z, they arnt all superb quality but they are fine.

Kazaa will do fine until something better comes along.

Wow! Thanx for that, google, here I come

Another thing is fakes, I spent 7 hrs downloading unreal tournament 2003 but it ended to be soldier of fortune 2

|Cain|

Some fast tips that can help in kazaa, don't always work but they helps -

The title, filename n despription should be the same for eg the title will be ut2k3 but the filename will be nhl2k3 n the search keywords will be GTA 3

One more thing is the filesizes, as a rule of the thumb don't expect any game to be lesser than 100MB

Well, that's about it I think.....

PS - Mafia is better than GTA III

|Cain|

no dude, we can hav above 1 meg here in india... i hav tried upto 64 it's damn good...but costly costly...

i've downloaded Delta Force n it didn't worked , then Unreal it didn't work too, man i don't download games from there...

i prefer Kazaalite.com, kazaa's no spyware version on www.kazaalite.com
-TkdWarrior-

try www.mp3shits.com
www.mp3dimension.com
www.mp3download.org

there r other sites which i forgot...
uptill today Audiogalaxy was the best for songs but it's dead now...
-TkdWarrior-

of course I use kazaalite, there are some mirrors from which you can download it directly, I will look it up n give the linx, KMD (kazaa media desktop) actually shouts the word spyware

|Cain|

www.lando.co.uk and www.music369.com is good site too, Most songs I've got off there have downloaded first time, and the quality is good. I get slow speeds on filesharing programs in uni, so using mp3 websites are better for me. I can't seem to find any film/TV websites to download from though, except for southpark espisodes.

I'm not impressed with Kazaa at the moment, since I got a very nasty virus off there last night that deleted my kernel. I've only had this PC 4 months, I didn't want it trashed just yet.

Not exactly what I meant TKD

NFORCE

This just shows whats available, once you get access to the private FTP's

As i said they usually have requirements to join, usually its either cash donations or the promise of so many megs of files per week. Then again some are kinda just for groups of friends and then the only way to get access is to be a friend of a friend of a friend of the owner.

Its a bit risky hacking the hacker cain

You need to know the right people. I've got friends that are computer geeks and spend their life trading files.

You often need stuff to trade, or a permanetly on PC, fast connection and plenty of disk space ie sharing your resources in trade for stuff.

yep, for eg in DC++ for the most exclusive things u need things like 50GB of shared stuff, a DSL connection, 20GB of movies etc etc

N rite now I got only about 20GB of movies, games n music, but I share the whole of my 40 GB HDD to fool 'em

I know wat u mean by 'rite' ppl, I have a friend who used to turn my PC into crap (ask Tkdw, he's been there) but now he's given me access to an exclusive hub to download movies from but in exchange I have to download a bunch of files in a deadline

But at least I get the movies

|Cain|

Back