Librium for anxiety/alcohol..Help...?

saraho

Apr 6, 2008
ive decided to give up alcohol as it was taking over my life
I'm only 20 years old and didnt want to ruin much more,
i started suffering from panic disorders and anxiety attacks in the past year and i came to the conclusion that it all must be a side effect of alcohol, as they usually came on after acouple of days of heavy drinking

i admitted myself to hospital and i was prescribed librium to help the side effects of weaning myself off alcohol, they seem to be helping to a certain extent but the doctors said i will only be on them for a short period of time..im wondering will i be prescribed somehing else for my panic/anxiety attacks after i finish this course of meds...just i dont want to experience these symptoms again.i have no intention of drinking again and i'm signed up for AA meetings.
has anybody else been in this situation?a person that has experienced this may be able to help...thanks..im just scared when i finish the librium will i still suffer from the attacks?
im just scared i guess coz the only way i used to be able to control them was to have a drink and i want a different solution now...

Back