Made My Boss Cry Today (Serious)

Ive been wanting to work in a bookstore for quite some time (10 days till my 18th b-day). I know a couple bar backs and they really enjoy it. I also used to work in a restaurant and I know a lot of servers. They make decent money for what they do (tips). Pull through it man and remember ST is all ways here for shens and gore.

I think you're blowing the job thing out of proportion, it doesn't have much to do with your family. Just get another job.

The bookstore seems like a cool job, I'm usually relatively social and there's lots of pretty girls that work there. We'll see how it goes next week as it will be my first real day of work.

Barbacking would be sweet too though, who doesn't love drunk pussy? :)

so let me get this straight, you are in college and still working for minimum wage?

that is your first mistake.

how much is it there?

I have 2. Lab and bookstore. I just got my bookstore hours yesterday.

And yes, it has a lot to do with my family, and my inability to pay bills. Like I said, I can't even treat myself on the weekends because I never have money. I miss out on a lot. I chose these bills based upon my pay at the beginning of the semester, then like 2 weeks in my hours went massively down.

A majority of campus jobs pay minimum, even my bookstore job. It's $6.85 but in Jan it's going up to $7. Not like that fixes anything, because everything else is gonna go up.

Maybe thats part of the reason you werent getting enough hours...

And why not just get a better job?

become a waiter, busser, valet, bell person, etc...get a tipping job if you can. I'm not sure where you live but around here, most people with tipping jobs are ballin.

Been asked like two or three times now. It's not always that simple with my class schedule. Next semester there should be no excuse for me not to be at 20 hours for any job.

omfg. i have two jobs so i work seven days a week, i am an IT assistant for a large cmp company,(10.00 an hour) and i am a ihav.net ref on the weekend (7.50)

Brokeback?

24-383~Brokeback-Mountain-Posters.jpg

Lol no, in my bartending thread someone said "Barback" and I kept reading it as "bareback".

Edit** Just sent CEO from bb.com Ryan a really nasty email, my supp was supposed to come today but it didn't. I'm on a roll today. :dodgy:

sounds sorta typical of a college campus job. Minimum wage for a semi skilled job, but you do it because they'll work with class schedule. Good luck next quarter.

Thats what I said. Waiters make good spending money. Where I worked (Texas Roadhouse) they were walking out with 60$ a night for maybe 5 hours a night. Could take time though because of the classes and such you have to go through (to get your liscense to serve alcohol).

What are you getting your degree in?

Back