Major issue with Sony Ericsson PC Suite (v6.011.00)?

Weill

Nov 30, 2009
Hi!

Yesterday, I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) once again, and I've now spent most of the day installing updates, programs, service packs and codecs etc (so a new Windows reinstall, which looks like my only option unless someone knows a solution to this issue, would waste almost an entire day of work)

Everything went suspiciously well, until I finally wanted to install "SonyEricsson PC Suite 6.011.00" in order to use that program with my "SonyEricsson Vivaz Pro".

The installation of the PC Suite worked without any problem, but then came the part where the phone is "connected" (=installed) in the application (and thereby also in Windows). Here's where the trouble started.
Instead of installing the phone in the PC Suite application and then recognizing it in both the Suite and Windows (which usually happens after about a minute, once the installation has completed successfully), the phone is recognized by Windows after a few seconds, but the PC Suite says "installation failed" and doesn't recognize the phone at all).

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the PC Suite, uninstalled all related devices/drivers in the "Device Manager" (in Control Panel), and tried reinstalling PC Suite with the phone connected throughout the entire installation process instead of only connecting it when asked. I also tried restoring the system, but the only effect that had was to mess up other (unrelated) apps..

Nothing helped, so I'm afraid the only option I have left is to completely reinstall windows.

I'd therefore appreciate any help with this issue, as I'd like to avoid such drastic measures as reinstalling windows.

Thanks

PS1: I knew that this program can make problems as I've never seen as many bugs/errors in any program ever before, but the problems I had before were not as severe as this time. I've tried everything I (as an advanced but not professional/expert user) could think of, but nothing helped at all.
PS2: WARNING: Don't EVER buy a SonyEricsson phone that requires PC Suite to connect/interact with Windows, you'll definitely regret it.

Back