Malwarebytes keeps blocking threat from bittorrent?

Colin

May 16, 2008
Hello all,

I got infected with the "Windows 7 Recovery" virus about an hour ago with malwarebytes disabled. Then i started the malwarebytes and it cleaned up the virus. But it still keeps blocking virus threat from bittorrent. I deleted all the torrent downloads and closed the torrent program. Deleting the bittorrent program from the system didn't help it either. It keeps blocking threats from different IP adresses and Ports from bittorrent.exe

I'm running out of solutions, can anyone help ?

You are using the active protection right? I experienced the same thing when i turn it on. pop up message saying that it block port attacks etc. In your case , does it prevent you from downloading your bittorrent files? try tweaking the settings to include it in the exclusion list. However if it happened to me, id turn off the active protection like what i am doing now. Malwarebytes is very good in clean up jobs. Am not so sure about the active protection though. I believe there are alot of False positives . I use threat fire in my laptop and threatfire+immunet on my desktop protection. These are on top of my antivirus and firewall of course. I use malwarebytes only as on demand scanner together with superantispyware. Run a full scan on MBYTES, if nothing pops out, try superantispyware as a second opinion just to be sure. If everything turns out to be clean, well and good. but dont rely for MBYTES for your active protection

Just following the instructions http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-7-recovery step by step to completely remove the infection... my guess is there are parts of the infection still on your system.

Hope this helps,
Xmetalfanx

someone or something is probing your computer to get in and do some damage malwarebytes is blocking it. trust it that's why u have it hope this helps

Back