Marine questions

i'll be making a thread upon graduation, sea year, and any officer position i might get that will need fun ideas....

ok 1st off not all enlisted service men get the red (blood) stripe down the trousers of thier blues uniform. its only NCO's and up

and the reason they do it is because of past engagements search marine history

I know they get it from past battles, but why dont officers get them? Its not like officers don't die. My friend is a PFC and hes has the red trip all over his uni.

Officer's have blood stripes. It's not b/c they died in general. It's b/c NCO's, SNCO's and officers fought so hard at the battle of Chapoltapec that we added the blood stripe to show thanks to all their courage and leadership.

a ton of Pvt/PFC's also died there but it was to show their leadership above all else.

If I remember right Cpl/Sgt's blood stripe is 1" wide, SNCO's are 1.25" wide 2ed LT - Capt is 1.5 and Maj up is 2" wide.

officer
Dressformal5.jpg

no red piping
bcm010_3.jpg

red piping

I am pretty darn sure that is the wrong buckle for a Sgt....the piping I have no idea about that is just something we have that makes our uniform OG and the officer one not as much.

Why does the officer blues have a different band around the crown....no one really knows. Not talking about the leafs nor the quatafoil.

The red trim is refered to as the "blood stripe," It represents the blood shed in the battle of Chapultepec.

http://www.privatehenrykalinowski.org/Sea_Bag/Blood_Stripe/blood_stripe.html

Ill have to look up the belts.

The combat uniforms are for war/work only. If you leave base you have to be int he seasonal uniform or in civilian attire.

On our name tapes is sayes "US MARINES". I don't know why it doesen't have a flag; maybe the idea with camouflage.

Back