Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Being on speaking with your neighbors is always nice. I had my bike in for service and pipe put on about a week after a new home sold toa young family. I got home on last Friday and the guy was out front with some friends and comes walking over. I'm thinking he's gonna complain about the rumbling. He get's to my place and says "Nice bike, great sound." I was in shock. Seems he wants a bike but his wife won't let him have one. I might have to help in this issue.

Anyway here are the pipes.

That looks like a beast of a pipe.

I could buy a straight through exhaust, but I'd rather not blow my ear drums!

Nice pipes Nordic! Do you have a complete stage 1? I'm running V and H big shots with a stage 1. I like the balance effect on the exhaust with the hidden cross over. I could cut the baffles but if I removed them you would not get the correct back pressure for the need scavenging. I would have to drop the exhaust and put cones in to keep thing right. I was thinking about going to thunder monsters baffles but I am not sure if it is worth the $79. or $ 80. dollars. The performance and sound would not be much improved.

Yep stage 1 and the pipes were done at the same time. I was talking to a guy who has the monster baffels in his big shots. Nice sound but no idea as to the preformance value. If you're not getting an inprovement it's not going to be worth the cost.

Sweetness OS, nice chrome! I'm still not sure what I want to work on next. Chrome and paint or a stage 2. I'm leaning toward chrome and paint but that 95 CuIn would be very nice.

FYI here is a great motorcycle forum http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/

It does cost to join but worth it if you're into your bike. Looks like MAP but it's bikers galore!!!

Now they are very nice bikes, but here is one that’s even better! I just rode it home from its previous owners place, about 200klm away. It was a good chance to get to know her. So far I’m happy with the purchase, I don’t think it too far away from how I would like it to feel. Over the weekend I’ll set the suspension back to standard and set the static and ride sag and see how she goes. I may fit a spacer to the rear end to reduce the front trail, but I’ll wait and see how she feels once the sag has been set.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my car and doing my bike license as I now have a company vehicle.

However, been 19, with no current riding experience, I'm limited to a 125cc.

I've been looking at 125 Sports bikes, are there any good sports bikes you recommend for a first bike? That aren't too expensive to buy or insure, the only quote I've had so far was an Aprilia RS125 and that was £2000 insurance :|

Honda NSR125 and Cagiva Mito's are OK.

I like the Cagiva, they have been around for some time and should be fairly cheap.

For those of us that are waiting for their 675 to arrive there is a test on them in the latest edition of Rapid. It features both a road and track test.

Any one going to Bike Week in Mrytle Beach, SC? I'm leaving the 18th and comming back the 21st.

And nice bike Colin! Looks like great fun to ride.

Nope, no-can-do it's just a bit too far to go right now. However in a few years I might plan it into my yearly biking events. Get plenty of pictures mate and post them up. You have my email for the ones you can't post.

Is this true? Can't you ride any bike within a certain HP/weight ratio? or even any bike of less than 33hp? I forget the exact details now.

I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as "125's only" (was in my day, eeeehh, when i were a lad) in any case.

At 19 you're going to get nailed for insurance I'm afraid, no way round it it, especially if you buy something sporty and nickworthy

Mitch

Unless it's changed it was something like if you are over 21 you can take either a test on an under 33 BHP or over 33 BHP bike. Pass on the under 33BHP that's what you are stuck with, over 33 BHP then any bike. If you are under 21 a maximum of 33 BHP bike until you have a couple of years under your belt then you can get a bigger bike. Don't take any of this as acurate but I think the gist of it's right.

So it's not a CC thing but a BHP thing so you can buy an R1 and have it crippled down to 33 bhp if you want - BTW never do this.

I gotta ask this. What is BHP? I'm reasonably sure the HP stands for Horse Power, but what's the B mean?

Not sure I understand what Brake Horse Power is, mind explaining for the American folks? Is it something to do with the engine to transmission gear ratio?

Brake Horspower is the common HP figure you will see quoted. It is measured by applying an effort against the engine untill the engine can no longer speed up from its test rpm, this can be done through the entire rev range. This test determines the torque output and BHP can worked out from this. BHP equals torque times RPM over 5252. BHP is also very close to PS, another measurment of power, while a 100 kw will equal about 130 hp.

While we are on the subject, what gets you up a hill the fastest, HP or torque?

Back