Moving a baby grande piano: Moving it from a storage unit onto a rental truck.

engineerlaborer

Dec 18, 2008
Would this work? Push the piano onto a lift gate, and use a board to support the leg on the higher octave lighter side of the piano.

If it was my piano, I would ask a friend who has moved baby grands before and/or hire piano movers. Baby grands are heavy, awkward, and expensive. I wouldn't want to pay to fix the piano,should anything happen to it, much less have to replace it. Plus it's winter here and icy lol.

BTW it took three piano movers to move my upright up 1 1/2 flights of stairs. They had a special cart and wrapped it up well and it arrived in good condition.

If it was my piano, I would ask a friend who has moved baby grands before and/or hire piano movers. Baby grands are heavy, awkward, and expensive. I wouldn't want to pay to fix the piano,should anything happen to it, much less have to replace it. Plus it's winter here and icy lol.

BTW it took three piano movers to move my upright up 1 1/2 flights of stairs. They had a special cart and wrapped it up well and it arrived in good condition.

Back