my bike started leaking antifreeze after i took my air intake box off?

ChrisP1

May 13, 2008
i have a 01 honda shadow 600 vlx deluxe.. my friend told me i should take my air intake box (like the air intake tube on the older cars)off the top of my motor since my valve covers are chrome. so i did i still had my filter on..ok i went 10 miles to my uncles house to go ride and when i got there i was leaking coolant so i hauled butt back home tore my bike apart saw the line where it was leaking from took it off pinched 1 end shut and blew through the line no leak so i put my bike back together and put the air intake box back on let it run no leaks.. we took off i checked every 10-15 miles still nothing we rode around for about 100 miles and the whole time not a drop... so my question is why would that cause it to leak... the line ran from the radiator to the bottom of my carb .. was it getting to much cool air since i had 3 inch air intake hole vs a 3/4-1inch air intake and not letting the carb warmup... i am very puzzeled about this.. thanks for your answers they will be appreciated.. ride hard ride safe

Back