my new car..BMW Z4,3series convertible,X5,Audi tt(old shape) or Mini cooper s

Thunder

Jul 13, 2008
convertible? im 19 and ive been driving for over a year and i want a new sports car.at the moment i have a mini one but i want some thing faster and sportier. i love the Z4 but i dont think its practical as i go out alot with my mates. my budget is £15,000 max.room for 4 people.

If you get the z4 all your mates will call you a woman. The saab 93 2.0t sport is quite good of the mark, The mercedes Kommpressers ok but only 2 seats. The mini is dead nippy and not bad becaus ei think they come with super chargers now. So go for the mini I gues

BMW 3 series is not a sports car.
Just the Coupe version of the BMW 3 series saloon(sedan).

Audi TT Coupe back seats cannot fit any people I have seen.

BMW Z4 is quick, but not so practical. I can tell you live in the U.K. from how you talk, which means it rains almost every day.
A RWD car like the Z4 or 3 series are very slippery when driving quicker.

Not sure if these cars are sold in the U.K., but there is the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. It is FWD with a 3.8L V6 engine. Back seats with room.
Hyundai Tiburon GT with a 2.7L V6. Back seats with room.
Toyota Celica GTS, Mazda RX-8(RWD).

All of the cars you quote are great, though at 19 yrs old, you may struggle to find an insurance company that will cover you for a price that's less than eye watering.

Personally, I'd avoid convertibles - they're just a bit too gay. The X5 isn't a sports car and is horrendously expensive to run. Resale values are dropping like a stone on these. The Audi TT old shape is better value now that the new shape has been released, though a Friend of mine had no end of trouble with his 4 yrd old model (serious engine problems). So I think the Z4 has to take top of the list for me.

I'd recommend that you also consider an MX5 or Lotus Elise for a more genuine sports car experience. The Elise is a fantastic car a real head turner, with performance and handling that will kick the ass of many more expensive cars. You can pick up good Second hand examples - 4 yrs old for less than 15k nowadays.

Back