Need Advice on Car Audio?

Hank

May 19, 2008
I want to buy a sound system for my car but I'm not sure what to buy. I don't want anything fancy but it must sound good. I need to know what size amp goes with what size speaker and stuff like that. What should i get?

first of all what car or truck do you have, if you just want a better sounding system i would start off with getting a new radio deck (they will increase power into your system and make it sound cleaner, and the controls on them make it easy to get the sound you want) then get a 12 inch sub if you want just a normal to higher sounding audio without too much bass, or a 10 if you have a small car. If your looking for bass without losing your trunk get two 10 inch subs for your system. You will also probably need to get tweeters and make sure you have your highs the tweeters then your mids roughly 6 1/2 inch speaker then your lows a subwoofer. You will need a dash kit, speaker wire, a capacitor, tools, and an amp for your sub and an amp for your other speakers your mids and highs. It all depends on your car though, if you give me a car and what exactly you want I can help you out more.

haha if you have a grand laying around you could get a kicker L7 and a powerful enough amp to power it

Back