Newbie-D-Bugger Help?

ABC

May 14, 2008
Newbie-D-Bugger

Welcome to newbie-d-bugger!! The following tables contain the results of two fictitious alumni interviews conducted by a green i.c.stars intern. The alums thought they would have a little fun making the newbie intern look sloppy.

The intern interviewed 4 alums each time and did not interview the same alum more than once in the same interview. Each alum gave an answer that was HALF RIGHT and HALF WRONG. You need to identify which part was right and which part was wrong and identify everyone's real last name, age, and job in the lists below.

Hints:

each alum was interviewed only once in each interview, i.e. Eric cannot have the last name of Oropeza because they were both interviewed during the second round of interviews
Each person has only one job and each job is only done by one person- i.e. Abeja cannot be both a Financial Analyst and a Graphic Designer, and there are not 2 people who are a Graphic Designer
The first names are: Jane, Larry, Eric, Perry
The last names are: Abeja, Rivera, Oropeza, Dunagan
The ages are: 45, 21, 23, 18
The occupations are: Financial Analyst, Web Developer, Graphic Designer, Project Manager
You likely want to use the GRID below to help you deduce correct statements. It's a good idea to check off things that are NOT true.
Your answers:
First NameLast NameJobAge
Eric
Larry
Perry
Jane

On the first interview, the alums made the following statements, one from each person:
EricMy name is Rivera, and I'm 18
DunaganI'm Perry, and I am a Graphic Designer
LarryI'm a Web Developer, and I'm 18
AbejaI'm a Financial Analyst, and I'm 23

On the second interview, the alums made the following statements, one from each person:
OropezaI'm a Project Manager, and my name is Larry
EricI'm a Project Manager, and I'm 18
JaneI'm 45, and I am a Graphic Designer
AbejaI'm 23, and I am a Graphic Designer
THE GRID BELOW CAN BE USED FOR SCRATCH WORK - NOTHING YOU DO THERE WILL BE SUBMITTED

We recommend using a checkbox to indicate something you know that CANNOT be true.
RiveraDunaganOropezaAbejaWeb DeveloperFinancial AnalystProject ManagerGraphic Designer21231845
Eric
Larry
Perry
Jane
Web Developer
Financial Analyst
Project Manager
Graphic Designer

Back