Nissan Pathfinder or Land Rover Discovery? Which one?

stevenhunt007

Sep 1, 2008
I want a heavy duty SUV, which is prepared for any kind of situation. I know Land Rover prides themselves on being prepared for the unexpected and I know that Nissan Pathfinders are kind of popular SUV's and are compatable with Snorkels (which is something I will be interested in investing in, in the future). They both equally suck on gas mileage but that's not what i'm asking. I'd just like to get your opinions on which SUV to choose? Keeping in mind, i'm an offroader, which involves swamps, rocks, fields and city lover, so highways and heavy traffic.

Thanks to all, I look forward to hearing your anecdotes.

Nissan Pathfinder, is more of a soft roader. Its built more as a family run-a-round than an off roader, how ever it will go up a muddy hill, provided the tires arn't tredless, landrovers are my fav cars. They are brilliant both off and on road, however make sure you get power steering and get the manual not automatic, those are uselss off road. So I would recomened a land rover as they are simple to put back together if something were to brake, which is unlikely. Snorkals can be fitted aswell. If you got a landy tho, get 2inch susepsinon lift to give it abit more ground clearance and better off road capabilitys aswell as nice off road tires

NIssan Pathfinder.
The LandRover is good offroad, but it always breaks.
LandRovers are known for being the least reliable SUV's you can buy.
They also use premium gas.

Back