Nokia 6790 slide screw problems?

MeatwadYeahyeah

May 24, 2011
Ive had the same phone for almost two years now, but I'm having some slight problems. my warranty ran out last December and we replaced the Nokia for another - same model. we replaced it because a screw was coming loose and causing the slide portion of the phone to be barely attached on one side. the screw hold what looks like the antenna?, a portion of the keyboard, and the left side of the slide. after we replaced the phone, the second phone was having the same problems. I don't think that is a coincidence. that, however is not the main problem. i am usually able to screw it back on with some effort. Just Monday morning the screen decided to not work. the phone works( calls texts and all other things) but i cannot see what i am doing without the screen. i only can use my memory of how to make calls and ect.
Now using Nokia phones before, I know they are very reliable and durable. i beat the hell out of that phone and it only now decides to not work.

I have called both my provider- Cincinnati Bell and Nokia both giving me no help. Cincinnati bell did offer me another phone (worth $50??) for a 1 year contract.. but my prev. phone only has till September to expire! Nokia, or rather some Indian man, said that their manufacturing problem was my problem without a warranty. I had the same problem with the warranty and they still didn't help me!

I guess what i need to know is what are my options? should i just buy the 50 dollar phone and stick it out? should i try to get Nokia to budge ( which is impossible)? If it was Nokia's problem in the first place then i don't think i should even need a warranty at all! their product should be able to last for a full contract and then some.

Also if anyone else has had this problem or something similar, please let me know what you did and how it turned out.

Back