Padlock?

duffmanasu

May 16, 2008
Stupid kids at my school steal ipods and phones from lockers. These kids have crowbars which they pry in between the "hook" at the top and it pops right out. I have the standard masterlock 1500 (pictured below) and have read that it is the worst in terms of security.

masterlock1500d-csw.jpg

I want to get one that is more secure. Thanks alot to anybody who posts.

Hide it inside you.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

you can get shims that will open most padlocks or if your smart enough you can make bump keys. So truly there isnt much that is safe, just dont put your ipod in your locker :p

don't put anything in your locker. instead, hang a small disposable camera with something that will take a picture when the locker is opened all the way. take their picture, give it to the cops, proceed to win.

oh, and don't leave anything in your locker. if teachers bitch, tell your parents that they want you to leave your shit somewhere it will easily be stolen, and refuse to do anything about the theft.

The funny part is, they want us to use their locks so they can search our lockers in case of a "security risk". What's even better is that the crowbars are taken from the weight room in our school. When they yell at me for using a different lock, I'm just going to say that they need to be a little more careful with their things.

I run track/cross country, and I have a bunch of fairly expensive clothing that I can't carry on me.

This is teh troof.
Maybe talk to your cc/track coaches and see if you could keep your stuff in his classroom. I know my coach is cool about it so hopefully yours would. Especially if you explain why.

My school has cameras in the halls so thats somthing I don't really need to worry about because the kids would get caught. Just don't leave your ipod or phone in your locker.

My school has over 200 cameras in it. We have about 4+ per hall and just a shit ton everywhere else. Our schools pretty much is retarded and don't the film unless someone wants proof if they did something wrong.

Theres yet to be one person that got in trouble from the cameras.

just leave your shit at home, then. probably the best bet. if the school doesn't want to provide you with a safe way to store valuables, don't bring them.

Go to your local locksmith, or even Home Depot/Lowes. Get yourself a hockey puck lock like this (if it will work on your locker):

853111_1976_26152044

or a shrouded shackle lock like this:

853111_1976_26051231

Even Masterlocks version of these locks is going to be a lot better than those piece of shit combo locks. They'll rip the door off the locker before they pop the lock open. If you're worried about them picking it go with one from Medeco, American Lock, Abus, or Mul-t-lock. Even bump keys won't work on certain models from those companies. The common consumer Master Locks offer very little protection.

Edit: Here, this is what you're looking for. A lot better than those combo locks while still not costing a bundle.

http://www.masterlock.com/commercial/security/

They'll protect against shims, prying, and even bumping if you get the "Bump Stop" version. However, someone who is good at picking could still probably get in, luckily those people are rare. While not the best they'll be plenty for what you're looking for.

Back