PDA What's your opinion?

April

May 14, 2008
I have to write a persuasive essay about whether or not to allow PDA in school.
What is your opinion? Also if any one can give me tips on how to write it I would appreciate it so much. Thank you!

PDA is Public display of affection.

I think holding hands is okay. I also think a friendly hug isn't too bad either. Definitly much nicer than fighting. Kissing, groping, sitting on other's lap...probably all should be left to private moments. The more intimate displays gross people out, are distractions, things kids would not do in front of their parents (disrespectful).

first come up with your Thesis: Insert your opinion here. (Do you agree/disagree with PDA)
Title: (catchy and itriguing)
Introduction: Something that introduces your thesis with a story or statistics or situation.
And There are 3 reasons that i agree/disagree with PDA. The first is, the second is.., the third is...
Topic Sentence 1: The first reason i agree/disagree with Pda is.. (supportive sentences)
Topic Sentence 2: The second reason i agree/disagree is...(supportive sentences)
Topic Sentence 3: The third (final) reason i agree/disagree is...
Conclusion...Because of these 3 reasons, Pda should be allowed/disallowed in public school.

I would like to say I do not mind it but sometimes it makes other people feel uncomfortable. But it is not like I never did it so who am I to talk?

In general I don't mind PDA in the least. I'd rather see PDA than people fighting all over the place, but since you said 'school' I'm going to assume high school or lower? The thing is with teenagers they generally don't realize the difference between a tasteful level of PDA and practically having sex in the hallway. Nor do they (most anyway) care either. So no I don't believe it should be allowed in schools high school and lower. College is full of adults and most know how to conduct themselves, (at least in the hallways/in public) as such.

Affection is fine.

Foreplay is not.

The problem is that teenagers are 1) incredibly hormonal; 2) incredibly inexperienced; and 3) incredibly insecure. They THINK they understand, but they really do not get the difference between nonchalant affection and sexual activity.

My personal opinion is that school should be looked at in the same way as a job. "Affection" ought to be demonstrated on one's OWN time. It's not so much that affection is inappropriate, it's that school is one's "job" and one's social life ought to be conducted elsewhere.

If I were a school administrator I'd allow hand-holding and that is IT.

(And no, I'm really NOT a prude, I assure you....lol).

Back