Police had attacked man that died at G20 protests

lol, are you being serious

Not really. But growing up as Mr Smellie has gotta be psychologically damaging.
Why oh why didn't he (or any of his forebears) change that name?
Smillie maybe? Sergeant Smillie?

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure officers are trained to aim for the legs whenever possible to avoid risks of serious injuries to organs and stuff. And lets be honest everyone'd be complaining much more if he'd taken a swing at her stomach

In my book there is a big difference between a person who exhibits aggressive behaviour and someone who is aggressive.The first is passive [although annoying to the recipient ] the other is active[might be a clip on the chin].One thing that is known the copper certainly was physically active.
Do you think that because the P.C 'believed she was wielding a weapon' justifies him attacking her?The courts simply took the line of least resistance and let him off.
I am not saying a policemans lot is easy.However the police are trained to handle pressure and should only use force in circumstances that merit it.

The fact she refused to give evidence and the prosecution couldnt prove he wasnt in the right that, to me, says something.
Put it in context of a protest with a load of rowdy protesters getting very riled up and her repeatedly mouthing off to him and he gave her warnings to back off.

She brought it on herself frankly. The dude who got shoved over was a victim she wasn't.

This is absolutely correct. The main area you strike with a police baton is the thighs, specifically aiming for the common peroneal nerve for the "dead leg" feeling you used to give and get back in grade school.

Should he have let her attack him first, possibly risking serious bodily injury or even death to himself or to another person nearby? You can argue that just because someone's pointing a gun at you doesn't necessarily mean they're going to shoot you, but would you really want to rely on their decision and not yours?

It's easy to judge when you know all the facts and can sit down in a chair and analyze every single thing the guy does. It's quite a different story when you're in the driver's seat, have just a few seconds to react, need to react appropriately, and have concerns that your life could possibly be in danger.

Back