Question for nyc drivers / driving school instructors!?

Death

Jun 1, 2008
I Failed my First Road Test because of a minor flaw...... now the driving school i am currently studying with tells me it's gonna cost Another $120 to take it over.... I paid $120 for the First Road test.... (thats for road test and car usage cause thats what i used) Sooo is he Ripping me off? or is it The way it's supposed to be? Cause i read on this website that Second Driving test is Free, Because the first time you pay, you actually pay to be allowed 2 tests

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/afterrtfaq.htm i am going to quote

I Failed My Road Test

Your first application for a Class D, Class DJ, Class E, Class M or Class MJ learner permit allows you to take a maximum of two road tests. If you fail your first road test, you can schedule your second test. You must wait until the day after your first road test to schedule your second road test. Your learner permit is valid until the expiration date printed on the document. If your learner permit expires before your next road test, you must get a new learner permit. Learn how to renew your photo document.

If this is the second road test that you failed, go to a DMV office and pay a fee of $10 and take two more road tests. You can continue to pay a fee of $10 and take two more road tests until you pass a road test. If you pay the fee of $10 and pass the first road test, you do not receive a refund of $5.

Sooo am i being Ripped off???

Thanks.

Back