Religious Folks (are they fake?)--Is this an interesting journal entry?

oldschoolfanatic

Jun 12, 2009
RELIGIOUS FOLKS (ARE THEY FAKE?)
10/22/12

I was just thinking about this issue yesterday. It does seem like people with religions think they are better than everybody else, but they sometimes do the worst things. I think it's because they feel they are pleasing God by choosing this religion and think they would go to heaven or live in paradise all because they claim they're this or that. But nobody knows the true religion. Personally, I just believe in relationship with Christ. I'm a baptist, but I don't have any abnormal beliefs.

But people who claim they're this or that doesn't make them perfect or better than anyone else. They're still human beings. They still have their ways and they're still going to make mistakes. I work with two jehovah witness women and they joke and talk about sex all the time. I've worked with women who claim they're christians and love God, but they'd go around cussing and talking about people like a dog. Men with religions have done stuff too. You can have a christian man who would smoke, drink, cuss & fight, yet you'd have an atheist who's just as nice, friendly, cool, laid back and wouldn't hurt a fly. The purpose of having a religion is to better yourself and your lives. They really are good people, but they're still human. They don't go around acting holy all day long. Having a religion just makes you a better person, never better than anybody else nor does it makes you perfect.

Back