Remember when some thought Cam Newton would be a draft bust?

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
The NFC coronation of Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers brought out some retrospective looks at how Newton was analyzed heading into the 2011 NFL draft.
Those looks back proved what an inexact science the draft can be. They were also hilarious, considering the Internet never forgets and folks love to remind people how wrong they were about a player. The NBA went through the same exercise recently looking at the scouting reports of MVP Stephen Curry.
Now, with Newton in the Super Bowl, it's time to chuckle at more than this infamous draft assessment of the Carolina QB.
There was Sports Illustrated's cover here:
And there was Matt Miller of Bleacher Report taking social media ribbing in stride on Twitter – "I was wrong about Cam Newton in October 2010. I've been wrong so many other times too. Thanks for sharing" – after revisionist historians unearthed this tweet:
to answer a question that's been blowing up my inbox: Cam Newton is not an NFL QB. At all. Great athlete. Heisman contender. That's all
— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) October 25, 2010
Basically if you bad-mouthed Newton, you were reminded that the Internet never forgets.
Remember Nolan Nawrocki's "analysis" of Cam before the 2011 NFL Draft?That was cute. pic.twitter.com/27AE5k7aZd
— Jordan Ray (@JordanLRay) January 25, 2016
Hat tip: The Complex

Back