Should I get a 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4motion? Or no?

srgward

Jan 30, 2012
I've found a 2000 Passat GLX 4motion with 137,000 miles on it. it's pretty much fully loaded except navigation. The interior and exterior are in amazing condition, and the seats have no cracks in the leather, and barely any visible wear. I'm just somewhat hesitant. Read some consumer reviews and it's hit or miss. 50 percent seem to say it's amazing, a great car, nothing but an occasion/minor repair on top of typical "every 3000 mile" maintenance. The other 50 percent saying it's horrendous with tons, a list, of repairs and being extremely costly because of it having specialized parts. My fiance has a 2008 rabbit and I love it. We need a second car, I want something a bit bigger, and I happened to find this. The price is 4200(too much?) Also, I like the fact that is has the v6 but I've been told you need to use premium gas- yet I read articles saying premium gas really isn't that much better, nor worth the extra cost, these days. Anyways, just wanna hear some feedback from actual owns that is actually recent... preferably from people who still have one. But anyones feedback who has owned one is more than welcomed.

Back