Should I sell my truck?

JosephM

May 18, 2008
As of late, I've been exhausting a lot of energy into buying a new truck. Currently, I am 19 years old. I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with no money owed on it. It just had a new transmission put in it, and is warrantied until 2011. The truck has 120,000 miles on it. I love my truck, and I've dumped a lot of money into it stupidly. The truck runs and looks really good, but I worry that things may start falling apart on it. The bank pre-approved me for a $15,000 loan, and I'm trying to sell my truck for $7,900. Does this sound like a good idea? I'm looking for an '07 and up Toyota Tundra of Ford F-150. I'd be paying $282 a month with the loan.

do u NEED a new truck or do u just WANT a new truck. ask yourself that first.

i say if ur truck runs fine and you think there wont be any problems with it in the future, then keep it. if the car is running a little sluggish and you dont think it will last much longer, now is the time to dump it off while you can get the most for it. take the money you got from selling your truck and use it as a down payment and finance a new truck. if your having trouble selling the truck on your own, see what a dealership would give you for a trade in. they wont give you nearly as much as you would get by selling it yourself, but you wouldnt have to wait to sell your car. selling cars is a hard thing to do with the bad economy. ive been trying to sell my car now for about a month. i had a few people look at it, but no serious people yet. maybe 1 person took my phone number. the car runs and looks excellent to so i dont know whats up, guess no one has money.

good luck

Back