Should I trade my 2010 Prius?

Grant

May 17, 2008
Alright so back in June I traded my 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5SL in for a 2010 Toyota Prius.
I only got $ 5,600 for my Altima and the POS Prius ran me around $29,000 CAD + taxes. I am so upset I loved my Altima so much I had spent $23,000 cash in 2008 and it was such a nice car fully loaded and so comfortable on the highway and I had it paid off and everything.
The best thing I can say about this Prius is that it’s a piece of dog poo it’s uncomfortable, ugly and doesn’t even get higher than 25 damn MPG in the winter. I guess hybrids don’t do well at 20 below.
Also the service that Toyota gives me is absolute bs (won’t go into detail) and I’m just sick of this. I want this ugly dangerous clunker out of my life.
Well looking through the used inventory of the local Kia dealer I saw an Altima just like mine same colour and everything .I went today to look and IT WAS MINE!
It had the same little ding in the door and cig burn on the dash and I was overjoyed and they had reconditioned it good. I took the VIN to be 100%.
They want $11,900 for it and the sales manager offered me $18,000 for the Prius. He said they would just write out a check for the difference. So should I do it?
I feel so bad losing money but I miss my car so much and couldn’t believe I found it and I’m not keeping this stupid Prius for long anyway.
Thing is though I owe around 20 thousand still. Is this worth it?

Back