Spilled beer on my Sony Ericsson...HELP!!!!!?

JeffTownley

Nov 30, 2012
I had my phone in my left pocket and I spilled beer on it. Pulled the battery out, wiped it off and tried turning it back on. The screen doesn't turn on but the phone does turn on. And I know it turns on because the camer flash/flashlight turns on on the back of the phone. I turned the phone off and have taken the battery out at that is currently the phones status. Any options? It's a Verizon phone and this phone is a recently new phone, like 2 months new because my previous phone, another Ericsson was replaced so I ordered a refurbished one. Bought my first Ericsson September 2011 (If that means anything?). Anywho, a lady at the place I was at said that I should keep the phone off, battery out, and stick it in uncooked rice for a while until the rice has soaked up the moisture. Is this correct? Any other suggestions? Is my phone metaphorically F***ed?

The bag of rice is good idea as it will soak up the moisture! But I am concerned as you have already contacted the phone with the battery points, which may mean the damage has been done. What you should have done, is taking the battery off the and left it off to dry before connecting back together. As soon as you contacted that handset back up, the moisture will have Seeped in. Bag of rice is you best step now, as it won't do any more harm, may do good but can't count on it. Don't connect up again till dry tho! As water and electronics don't mix.
You might be able to claim on insurance for damage if all fails but you won't be able to get a replacement under manufacture , as its your own fault. Good luck

who cares man... just lick the beer...dont waste it man... beer is more important than xperia...
try keeping it in sun for a bit... it worked for me.... i spilled water so i didnt lick it but you lick the beer first... :D

cheers

Back