steering motor problem fiat grande punto?

Sarah

May 11, 2008
anyone heard of the steering motor failing? Mine's is on its way out and i have been quoted £660 by Arnold Clark to get it fixed. Anyone know of a cheaper way to get this fixed (eg how much part costs) and if this prive is excessive?

That would be about the right price for fitting a brand new Fiat part. They are available remanufactured for something like £300 + from a reputable source. If you search on line you'll find plenty as they're notorious for failing and there is a goodly supply of duff ones ready for the remanufacturers to fix and sell.

is the price exessive? maybe check around in other shops get many quotes, how much will the part be? and how to fix it? there's an amazing website called autozone.com that has manuals for fixing that part along with pricing for almost every part you want to know... i use it constantly

They are an electric motor for puntos. My guess is that its stopping working on full lock and has just started since the weather has got cold. Its a common fault on the mk2 puntos, and it seems on your mk3 punto. motors and steering columns are between £50 second hand to £100-£250 new. Try the punto forums for how to guides and where is best to buy them. Its not a big job, just involves taking dash off, and swapping parts

Back