Suggests for living in London

Apr 17, 2009
Hello, I'm sorry if this post or anything similar has been already made.

Right, I just got offered a job in central london, but I need a place to live, after a hectic weekend of viewings, I have narrowed my options down to 2! One place is in Leyton near Wanstead flats and the other is in Totteham, near Lordship lane. I've had mixed verdicts on both areas and are really stuck for choice. Can anyone tell me which might be the safer area?

AND can anyone suggest to me clubs near either locations which i can join? I've done a bit of shaolin Kung Fu, kickboxing and karate in the past, but not entirely sure what i want to go on next, so I'm open to ideas.

Thank You
Chi

Well i'm a north London lad so i guess i'd prefer Totteham, but i probably wouldn't move there if i had other options in NL. I dont live there so i cant give an valid opinion of it but i've heard it isn't the best.

With regards to martial arts, well.... you'll probably find any style you can think of somewhere. Any idea on that you want to do... garppling, striking, weapons etc?

Well this is what I tell my student friends who recently moved to the UK, specifically London.

Look at the London Underground Map and anything to the right of the Northern Line is a no no. (oh and Harlesden)

Saying that, places go super cheap there. £80 a week inclusive with own toilet, shower, shared kitchen.
Compared to other places where its £90 unfurnished, bills separate + council tax, shared everything...is teh cheepy.

Cheers , I'm really glad you said that, cos I pick the leyton one as the guy was underpressure to get someone asap.

As for what type of art... well, I like to kick, but I also fancy doing some grappling stuff too, so I was thinking TKD or Jujitsu. Any other suggestions? I don't mind training hard, but it must be a friendly club!

Cheers

Thats where I live its not a bad area but its not completely safe but where is now a days. There is a Karate club in wanstead leisure centre and a Jujitsu club I think. Or you could come to my Tae Kwon Do club There is also a Kung Fu club in the YMCA centre in walthamstow.

Thanks Jamesy, can you tell me a little bit more about those 2 clubs u mentioned? I've always been interested in TKD but never had a club near me and as for KF that's my root, so that might be fun too

Well I no nothing about the Kung Fu club as it was my friend who told me about it and haven't seen him in a while. The TKD club is a TAGB club which is 1 hour long at £4 per lesson. The lessons are twice a week tuesday and thursday. You can go to her husbands club which is not far away (woodford) on mondays and saturdays which is also an hour long at £4 a lesson. Me and my dad pay monthly and get to go to her husbands club for free. This is a site by another TAGB instructor you might want to look at. http://www.leightonbuzzardtagb.fsnet.co.uk/

Back