t-mobile credit checks?

AaronS

May 22, 2008
Hi there. I know that using prepaid phones can be a hassle!

T-Mobile, like any other creditor, is interested mainly in whether or not you have the means to pay your bill at the end of every month. Since you don' have anything on your credit report there is nothing to base a decision on from a credit report alone. They will also look also be looking at your income, and length of employment. If you are required to put down a deposit, it will be less that someone who has a negative credit rating.

Keep in mind that if you do put down a deposit, it will be returned to you at the end of your contract (with a percentage of interest in most case) as long as you don't breach your contract.

Also, I would suggest trying Verizon Wirelss, ALLtell, Or AT&T as well as T-Mobile if they are available in your area, and see who gives you the best deal. Verizon is know to be less demanding about deposits.

You might also check if NET10 offers service in your area, for a flat fee of 80 a month, you get unlimited calling and text messaging. It is prepaid and doesn't require a credit check. The only downside to NET10 is that you may not get image, video, or internet messaging, but if you only need a phone to talk and text it may be a good option.

Hope that this answers your question

JAY

So i have to get a cell phone with a plan, because prepaid is pretty much a waste of money for me. well i don't have any credit...so i was wondering how t-mobile would take that. do i have to put down a deposit? if so how much? or will they just be ok with my no credit? someone help!

T-Mobile, like any other creditor, is interested mainly in whether or not you have the means to pay your bill at the end of every month. Since you don' have anything on your credit report there is nothing to base a decision on from a credit report alone. They will also look also be looking at your income, and length of employment. If you are required to put down a deposit, it will be less that someone who has a negative credit rating.

Keep in mind that if you do put down a deposit, it will be returned to you at the end of your contract (with a percentage of interest in most case) as long as you don't breach your contract.

Also, I would suggest trying Verizon Wirelss, ALLtell, Or AT&T as well as T-Mobile if they are available in your area, and see who gives you the best deal. Verizon is know to be less demanding about deposits.

You might also check if NET10 offers service in your area, for a flat fee of 80 a month, you get unlimited calling and text messaging. It is prepaid and doesn't require a credit check. The only downside to NET10 is that you may not get image, video, or internet messaging, but if you only need a phone to talk and text it may be a good option.

JAY

JAY

JAY

JAY

Back