The neighbors kid opened the door to my apartment, the dog got out and bit...

Joe

May 12, 2008
...him, what can I do? I had my dog inside my apartment because it was hot outside. He is usually outside in the patio where he plays and goes about his business. He is usually teased by the neighbors' kids by barking at him and he barks back. We had already called this to the attention of the boys parents and thought it was done and over with. I always take him outside to do his business and then I always bring him back inside. He's very friendly with friends that come over.

The issue with the neighbors children is that they are always running about and no one really takes care of them, which is why they're always teasing my dog, whether he is in the patio minding his own business or when I take him outside to do his business. Today, I took my dog out to do his business as usual, I came back, closed the door behind me and was just watching TV. One of the neighbors children all of a sudden opened the door (because it wasn't locked, I wasn't expecting NOBODY to open it), the dog got out, and bit the little boy in the back. It left a bruise and broke the skin.

My mom took the lady and her son to the hospital to have him checked out. She understood that she neglected to take care of her son, who happened to open the door to our apartment. She didn't want any trouble (by that I mean because of her "status" in this country). We have agreed to pay all the bills and necessities that might arise from the injury my dog caused to her son. Even so, I'm still scared that my dog will be taken away or put down.

Should I worry? is there anything that I can do regarding this matter? I'm just really worried because I love my dog and don't want nothing to happen to him.

Back