The Strike

Now actually I sort of agree. I heard a couple of parents moaning about a one day strike and how it would effect their childs education.
It won't. Have a day off and take your kids to a museum and the library. Teach them something you think is worth knowing rather than something off a syllabus.
Also...many of these parents would think nothing of booking a week holiday that means taking their kids out of school because it saves them a few quid.

So your kid goes to the childminder how often, and for how long per week? The less time they spend with a childminder, the less you'll get in feedback.

Also, in fairness, there are bad childminders just like there are bad teachers.

I'm glade you didn't take my statement to be derogatory to teachers, the fact is, is that their hands are tied so to speak in reference to the way they teach and the information that is required on exams and such. The state dictates what and how they teach as if the politicians or to be more precise the national education dept. knows what is needed locally. Communities that pay the local school taxes should have more control over the way school systems are operated.

No poop sherlock.
Nursery 1 = 2 Full days (was 3)
Nursery 2 = 1 Full day
Childminder = One afternoon stop-gap between nursery 2 and wife getting home from work.

Each one gives prgressively less feedback (as you say). None of them require as much feedback/admin/paperwork as my wife has to give the 11-18 year olds she teaches. Hell nursery 1 has seperate staff for admin and nursery duties and a full time manager that barely has anything to do with the kids. Children have a key-worker and it's that worker that does the feedback.
I would estimate that we get as much feedback in a year that each kid my wife teaches gets in a term (or even some weeks).

I worked it out recently, certainly in healthcare the annual increases in pay have been below the increases in the cost of living for the last five years, by 1-2% a year, In the last year, or possibly two now, there's been a freeze on these cost-of living increases, while the actual cost of living has increased from anything to 5-10%, depending on what estimate you read. Overall I reckon that works out to, in effect, something like a 10-20% effective pay cut. That's rather a lot, in real terms. I'm not feeling the bite, because I qualified a year ago and to be honest, getting more then £2.90 an hour for my labour is still something of a novelty, however, I'm inclined to think that's already a fair amount to have lost out on.

Now I have to go hit people with a stick, because sparring is wonderful for my psychological well-being

Hi everyone, thanks for engaging with me on this thread concerning this bad state of affairs which we seem to have inherited from the last government. Only then the country was in a boom cycle, and now we are going bust. More's the pity.

Did anyone hear what Jeremy Clarkson called the strikers on TV yesterday. He said that they should be lined up on the walls in front of their families and be shot! I think this is a disgrace. There is a word we used for people like him back in the day. I am not going to say it out loud because I am already on my final warning here. But let's just say that it rhymes with crab and starts with a s. Any guesses?

Clarkson subscribes to the idea that no publicity is bad publicity , he's got a book and a dvd out at the moment.

Jump on that bandwagon!

Did you watch the interview? All of it? Of course you didn't! Because why would you bother forming your own opinion when there are literally thousands of crybabies out there to do your thinking for you. But it's ok, I'll educate you.

They asked Clarkson about the strikes, he said he loved it because there was no traffic in London. He was then asked if he knew who was striking. He said no. Then, he poked fun at the BBC's policy of having to represent both sides of the argument, no matter how ridiculous, by saying he wanted them all shot for daring to strike.

It was a joke. A rather funny one to hear it in context and 100% what you would expect from Clarkson. It was right-wing, politically incorrect and applying gross exaggeration to a view silently held by a large number of people.

Well to start no I didn't go on the strike, because I'm not at work currently, but I have supported ( ie. strikes, picket lines, marches and even a TV interview) my union every time I was asked to do so, I was balloted to strike and would have done so.had I been there

As to Clarkson he is a total arse.funny or not.and I would say not.he has the head the size of a horse and looks like a freak...however my real bone of contention with him is his insincerity.he drove a big powerboat up the Thames and said that anyone could do it, without a licence or any training .which is correct, what he didn't say was that he had done the RYA powerboat training course levels 1+2......this kind of idiocy will see sailing becoming more and more restrictive, when in fact our country has probably the greatest voluntary resources in the world in the shape of the Royal Yatch Club ( open to anyone and unfeesably cheap).

I may not have seen the prog, but I don't like that man, and think that he has an ego the size of a troll SO THERE!

Back