The World Cup

Portugal dives too, I know. Italy is bad, though. There was a header in today's game where the Italian didn't even get touched by Klose but he went to the ground crying for the penalty. I'm an American, I don't like Italy for that too. Whoever wins tomorrow I am happy with.

Hm, the referee wasnt that good. Again Klose did not get a card for another Dragon Kick into the goalie. Like in the the match against Argentina he deserves at least a yellow card for such actions. I mean taking out goalies and then win against their reserve goalie in penalties is also a tactic (probably the only one for that German team which except Lehmann lacks astounding players in general - especially tactical and technical players up to now). If you take in account that Italy had to play against the twelfth man and against a very friendly referee not giving any cards they deserved it more than once to win.

Nevermind Germany is out and I can sleep again very quietly. It is also very nice to see some happy Italian girls too. Forza Italia!

Italians are the rudest people of any country I have been to. I would hate it if they won.
The other countries i've been are ireland, scotland, france, germany, slovakia, croatia and america (florida).

France FTW.

This is crap.
Italians didn't dive more than other teams, at all.
Ok, the penalty against Australia was exhaggerated. But wasn't the red card to Materazzi exhaggerated too? FOR SURE. A draw in referee "mistakes". Instead, in the yesterday match the italian team has been very correct and did only a few fouls, standing against players like the germans who were very hard and did more fouls.

And USA team?
You should only remain silent. Your team beat the opponents without shame.
Oh... I forgot... for you a football match is "a war"! LOL!

Yeah, in your dreams!
Do you think that a defense that has taken ZERO goals in the torunament (exept a own goal) will take 3 in the final?
Final will be France - Italy.
Who will win, I don't really know.
But I think it's time for us to ask for "revenge" for the Euro 2000 stolen to us by France, and for France 1998 where they kicked us out of the World cup!

What country are you from, Flaming, if I can ask?
I'm sure I can find a stereotype in which I can frame your people, too.

Funnily, I heard this rudeness stuff talked about US people, here in Italy, a lot.
They are arrogant, ignorant, noisy, etc. Crap if this is true in general.

Ireland? Brawling drunken potato eaters.

Scotland? LOL, they still wear skirts. They sleep with sheeps and eat crap.

France? Gay people who drink red wine wearing black clothes and are costantly depressed, or mimes with small moustaches and a basco.

Come on, Flaming. Open your eyes and avoid generalizations, and maybe you'll stop framing people in stereotypes only after some unpleasant experience you've had.

Furthermore, there was a penalty for Italy that has not been given, on Perrotta.

I saw that most of German press has insulted italians all the tournament. Maybe it's because Germany has always lost to Italy in these events... so I'm really glad to see a guy like you that is a real fair football lover, that avoids stereotypes like italians = pizza mafia mandolino, ecc.

By me, and not because I'm italian, Italy deserves the cup along with France, so far. No other team has been superior.

All right, guys, do me a favor and calm down a bit.

This is a great thread, I don't want to see it shut down over a pissing contest between a few of you.

Since Germany is out, I'll have to pick a new team.

My mum and dads irish, but i live in england i consider myself irish. I've heard about the potatoes and drunkeness and i can't deny it. My favourite meal is potatoes and fillet steak with plenty of guiness. I've also heard a generalisation that irish people are hospitipal, and from were i have visited it is mostly true apart from the larger cities(Dublin). But i wasn't speaking of generalisations it was my experience with italian people I ask for directions map in hand, and i was swatted away like a fly. Nearly all the time. In any market i was in people pushed me around so i decided to stay away from them.

Back to football, Zidane is the player of the tournament for me so far.

You're thinking of Wales. . Everytime I've been to Italy everyone been perfectly nice and friendly by the way. Apart from one time in Sardinia, lol, nut that is a different incredibley uninteresting story.

Yeah, but you'll agree that it isn't fair using this little experiences to say: "Italians are the rudest of these X countries", isn't it?
When I was 8 years old (for true) I was in England, I slipped, fell down and started crying. A English pedestrian passed by and mocked me (that's a real experience). Should I use that experience to say that English people are insensitive?

But, I now aknowledge that you weren't attacking Italy, nor I wanted to escalate anything! So, mods, you can sleep quiet! Me and Flaming are adult and responsible guys, aren't we?

And I disagree on Zidane!
By me, the best of the world cup is, so far, Cannavaro!
Hey Flaming, if Italy wins WC2006 and I happen to be in Ireland, a pint is on your way!

ROTFL!
Now we want to hear it, don't we?
Sardinia is a wonderful place, but it's like something completely different from the peninsula... sardinians are very weird people!

Agree 100%

I find it funny how everyone cuts them up, yet everyone wants to eat their food, Wear their clothes, and drive their cars. Italy's taking it!

JL

Yep. Well said. But I live in enlgand and my families irish so you would have to be in england to buy me the black stuff. Nevermind you wont have to buy me it anyway France all the way.

It wasn't really much of an incident, but more like a "you ain't from round there here parts are you?" little town. Slightly Wicker Man-esque. Sardinia did seem quite different from mainland Italy. Where about are you from?

Glad to see the diving Portuguese are out. They were absolutely disgraceful last night. Good job there was a strong referee in charge.

The sound of Conaldo getting boed every time he touched the ball was music to English ears.

The game started really well, but went downhill. The second half was awful. France completely went to pieces, but were still too strong for Portugal. The only danger was that the clown in the French goal would gift Portugal a chance.

Hopefully we'll get a good final.

Back