Things that make you go GRRRRR.... (Part 2)

If getting the computer is going to be expensive to reseal I suggest saving up the pennies and going for something like this.
I've had mine a few years and would not be without it.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=6400

View attachment 22767

You can set it up for two different bikes and it has the added advantage that you can put it in your pocket when you go for a run.

Sat Nav for the bike, very cool and it is charged by USB. I have not used the option but I believe you can upload your route onto a mapping system.

Edit. Because it is GPS enabled there are no wires and nothing to attach to the wheels, just a handlebar bracket.

Drools...

Ooooh, shiny

The one I have at the moment is a CatsEye one that came with a heart rate monitor. I have had it years and it might now be time to think about a new toy!

Having no wires and not having to attach stuff to the wheels would be nice!

Check out the local Bike Hut section in Halfords. Bike Hut staff are all bikers and will give you an honest opinion without the hard sell.
It would definately be my first port of call.

i've done that too, with a map in hand. my crowning achievement is going around the block while thinking i was walking in a straight line though. still not sure how i managed to end up in the same spot.

I'll raise you with ending up in some deserted field in the country side 3km away from my home.

Though to honest there are a lot of deserted fields in the prairie.

I can top that. I managed to end up in Llandeilo when I was trying to get from Llandysul to Llanfihangel.
Of course, you won't understand how mind-bogglingly awful that is...
Essentially, I travelled over 25 miles to try to get home from a town all of 3 miles away.

The first time I came for a look around I managed to fall asleep on the Cambridge to Kings Lynn train (all that walking around on my own) and missed my change at Ely to catch the London to Aberdeen link. Managed to get off at Littleport which is just a signal box and a guy there took pity and gave me a lift back to Ely, but I missed the last train to Aberdeen and slept overnight in Ely station, which wasn't allowed even back then when trains were cheap and cheerful and you didn't need a degree to understand the ticket system I managed to get lost in Glasgow between I think it was Queens St and Central yet could find my way around the Moscow metro with only basic Russian. I'm an idiot!

grrrr where can I have put that bloody walkman? So far I have found:
A world war II radio
An oscilloscope
A record player
A roberts radio in quite good nick
A spare mobile phone
Three quid
and what appears to be an (unforunately not functional) outboard motor.
But still no walkman :'(

I have a walkman but it's much easier for exercise to carry around an ipod shuffle copy, cheaper on batteries too.

Training in the park opposite me earlier, interruptions, grrrr

If you need to save money, gaffer tape and a plastic bag. If you want to plash a little cash, get a ziplock or similar bag (I can send you some as I save them from anything that gets delivered in them).

Another idea is a small tupperware box with any holes needed neatly drilled in it. This keeps my wifi router dry in a slightly leaky corner of the garage for example. With a little ingenuity you could surround and mount you have for the unit with the base of the box and fix it place, then simply pop in the monitor thiny and seal it all with the lid.

My parents are both from Yorkshire, I think they passed something down in the genes

Mitch

Wit

If I don't eat something at night though I have a really hard time sleeping and I often wake up with indigestion from having an empty stomach all night, which sometimes goes away or sometimes causes lingering problems.

In addition, eating late at night is supposedly a good way to gain weight so...

Drink water or eat more fiber dense foods. Though I can understand that you are hungry. I'm exactly like that, though chugging down a glass or two of water usually helps.

Back