Thought for the day ..positive please folks

fell off the chair at that one, cheers, i needed a laugh

---

I do not expect anything from others,
So their actions cannot be in opposition to wishes of mine...

Swami Sri Yukteswar (Autobiography of a Yogi)

ROFLMAO! too good too true. Too true to be even too good.
That's a keeper. Don't mind me i'm keeping that on my comp.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will.

You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.

You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.

You'll fight with your best friend.

You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.

You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.
So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

THE CAB RIDE...

Twenty years ago, I drove a cab for a living. When I arrived at 2:30 a.m., the building was dark except for a single light in a ground floor window. Under these circumstances, many drivers would just honk once or twice, wait a minute, and then drive away. But I had seen too many impoverished people who depended on taxis as their only means of transportation. Unless a situation smelled of danger, I always went to the door. This passenger might be someone who needs my assistance, I reasoned to myself.

So I walked to the door and knocked. "Just a minute", answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.

After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 80's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940s movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.

There were no clocks on the walls, and no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard box filled with photos and glassware.

"Would you carry my bag out to the car?" she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, and then returned to assist the woman. She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb. She kept thanking me for my kindness. "It's nothing", I told her. "I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother treated".

"Oh, you're such a good boy", she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address, and then asked, "Could you drive through downtown?"

"It's not the shortest way," I answered quickly.

"Oh, I don't mind," she said. "I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice".

I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. "I don't have any family left," she continued. "The doctor says I don't have very long."

I quietly reached over and shut off the meter. "What route would you like me to take?" I asked. For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator. We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds. She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl. Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, "I'm tired. Let's go now". We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico. Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move. They must have been expecting her.
I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

"How much do I owe you?" she asked, reaching into her purse.

"Nothing," I said

"You have to make a living," she answered. "There are other passengers," I responded. Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She held onto me tightly.

"You gave an old woman a little moment of joy," she said.

"Thank you."

I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light. Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk. What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away? On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.

We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.

That was beautiful Alan

---

Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out of it alive [Elbert Hubbard].

Is there life before death? [Belfast Graffito]

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

The greatest use of a life is to spend it on something that will outlast it [William James].

"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which like the toad, ugly and venemous, bears yet a precious jewel in its forehaed"- old English proverb.

Mitch

when i was feeling sad, a friend sent me this message:

" if looking back upsets you, and looking forward scares you, just look beside cos i'll always be there"

success is a journey, not a destination. so stop running

life may be short, but its the longest thing you're ever gonna get.

an apple a day keeps the doctor away, depending on how hard you throw them.

every morning is the dawn of a new error

whhoooops....era.

Seriously, if you mess up today, there's always tomorrow to do a better job (think about it)

if something's worth doing then it would have already been done

build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life

Thirty spokes converge on a single hub,
but it is the in space where there is nothing
that the usefulness of the cart lies.

Clay is molded to make a pot,
but it is in the space where there is nothing
that the usefulness of the clay pot lies.

Cut out doors and windows to make a room,
but it is in the space where there is nothing
that the usefulness of the room lies.

Therefore,
Benefit may be derived from something,
but it is in nothing that we find usefulness.

Tao Te Ching by: Lao Tzu

the chances are good, that right now, somewhere, someone is dragging a chair across the floor to hang themselves. Isn't that nice.

I got this text from my mate Chris yesterday after I'd been moaning to him the night before about how boring my job is "Just remember mate - a shot of whisky at the start of the day keeps the boredom away. PS u like men"
There's a reason I never listen to his advice

One of my favourites.

You don't measure life by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Enjoy every breath.

Back