Thoughts on Heath Bell signing with Marlins?

Good move by the Marlins. It looks like they're serious about spending all that money. They still need to sign Reyes or Fielder to be legit contenders though.

Good signing, Heath Bell is a solid closer. If they could get Jose Reyes and a starting pitcher, ala Mark Buehrle or CJ Wilson, then they would be headed in the right direction. I do not think Albert Puljos will sign with the Miami Marlins.

EDIT:http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7302467/miami-marlins-agree-closer-heath-bell-three-year-deal-sources-say

I think it's great....I am a Giants fan! Bell is a great pitcher and I'm glad SD got rid of him. Thank you Miami!

Pretty good signing by the Marlins.

Leo Nunez is terrible. I see Bell becoming the Marlins' closer next season and every other year with them. LOL! His new name is Juan Oviedo. Bell has been one of the best closers for the last 3 years and he should continue to put up great numbers.

Well, he's not that much more expensive than Juan Oviedo... but I think that it's an overpriced pickup for a hole that's not THAT glaring (Edward Mujica was a decent closer after Oviedo was restricted). But, it's hard to complain too loudly, if it does not prohibit other key pickups (like, say Jose Reyes).

Back