Travel/Vacations/Holiday anyone??

rationallady

Apr 7, 2008
... Hey it's my occupation! I work in a travel agency so obviously I have traveled quite a bit.

Where have you traveled to that has made the biggest impression on you?

What type of a vacation do you enjoy? .... i.e. sun/surf/sand, mountains, jungle, snow, big city????

How do you like to travel..? ship/plane/bus/train/car .... shoeleatherexpress???

Have anything planned for this year?

Maybe we can all offer each other some suggestions based on our experiences!

My ambition is to travel round the world and meet all the members of the site Have to wait till I have money though so it could be a few years

Cooler

I like Cyprus most, had a week in the mountains then a week mainly at the coast Agia Napa mainly

Was a very nice country to travel round. I like to fly, one of the best parts of the holiday unless theres delays!

Nothing planned of for this year. The place I want to see is America.

India. Auroville to be exact. Very peaceful and spiritual place. Oh, and cheap. My wife and I spent a week there 2 years ago ay a bed and breakfast. B'fast and lunch included, dinner extra, rented 2 bicycles and a motor cycle and it came to a total of $68.00 US. That didn't count eating out in Pondicherry or souvenirs. which came to a bout another $150.00 US. One of the best vacations I have ever had.
As far as places that have made an impression.. Bucharest, Romania during Communist rule. A very dreary and gray place. It was like even the weather knew it was oppressed. The buildings were depressing, no people on the streets, no stores open (to the public). The few Romanians I met though, were very friendly and seemed to be happy. And Saudi Arabia. I spent a total of 5 1/2 years there. Made me realize just how lucky I am to live someplace where I can worship who or what I want, eat/drink what I want, be seen in public with my wife, without being harrassed, not be told when to go to worship, the stores not closing 5 times a day for prayer.. the list goes on. The only thing good I got out of Saudi Arabia was meeting my wife there.
I've also very fond memories of my 6 months in Mildenhall England and Athens Greece, Adana Turkey, and most of Germany. Right now the only place I want to go is JAPAN. (see my website!!!!!)

oh yea sendbradtojapan
well i havn't travelled...but i'd luv to... cuz i got no money...
the time i'll get i'll visit UK first, beat up all the mods n thus making sure the rise of new TKD Era.
ok who's up with me on my Evil Plan
-TkdWarrior-

There's plenty of places I would have liked to travel, but unfortunately couldn't afford it on my budget. Dosen't mean I'll never get there, just means it'll take some time. Places I've always wanted to visit was Asia and Australia.

When I do take a vacation, it's usually somewhere warm. Been going to Kauai last couple of years. I'm not much into the cold weather/mountains. I mean I've been there before and it was alright, just couldn't stay for more than a weekend at best.

I like to fly to my destination. Can't see wasting time when on vacation . Planning another trip the the Hawaiian Islands, but that'll all depend on the airfare. KC know of any upcoming airfare wars before summer??

You've brought back some memories mentioning Romania. I've been around most of Europe. Yugoslavia before the war always sticks in my mind. Nice people and a beautiful country, but you couldn't get away from feeling like you was in a third world country. The cafes with just one thing on the menu, ham and cheese toasty then handing over the largest wadge of notes to buy it, and it was still dirt cheap.

i'd rather avoid these oppressed counties and visit more of the developed world, usa/australia. Japan would be good but they don't speak English, we should have invaded and educated these people properly! but i hate feeling like an outsider not speaking the language. Paris was great but i've never visited a city that spoke so little English

I will let you know ... there are several fare wars going on now with many carriers.

United Airlines, who is in bankruptcy, is offering some very good deals. They've not only announced deals on coach fares, but also on business-class fares.... so is American Airlines.

When you're pricing your trip using whatever source you want (travel agent or internet), keep in mind that the old rules are changing.

Old Rule: You have to stay over a Saturday night to get the best airfare.

New Rule: Not necessarily. The smaller carriers (Frontier, Spirit, etc.) have ignored this rule for awhile. In the last several weeks, the larger carriers are slowly but surely dropping this requirement.

Old Rule: You had to stay at least two nights to get a decent fare.

New Rule: Again, not necessarily. The smaller carriers (again) started letting you fly into your destination on Monday and leave on Tuesday. The big carriers are just now starting to realize the potential and are following suit.

Oh and as far as mode of trasporatation.. when traveling overseas from the USA I prefer to fly. While traveling in country, I prefer the train. Took the train from Bombay to New Delhi and thought it was just great! That was 2 years ago ( my wife claims it was the food on the train that made me sick, even so, I'd still eat it.) About 20 years ago, I took a train from Palermo Italy, to Venice Italy. That was fun. In Germany, I took the train whenever possible. But, I have ever taken the train here in the USA. Go figure!

In 3 weeks (as long as the ports stay open) ... still unsure of whether trip is a go now with war on the horizon.....I will be cruising with my family and friends (group of 30 or so) to Belize & Western Carib.
The group is TKD instructors, students & parents .... "Kickin' in the Caribbean" is what we are calling it!

A little sun, sand, surf, scuba diving, skiing, eating & drinking!!!

I never traveled Only locally (like to the next state). But I like to visit anywhere warm! Sun, surf, and good eats and drinks Other than that, I'd like to visit Asia (South Korea mainly) and Australia.

Kickchick my moms a travel agent too (seriously!)
I have travelled to California (when I was a wee lad ), Ocean City, Florida, parts of new york, puerto Rico (cruise)= St.Johns, Barbados, St. Thomas, I forgot most of the island names but I hope you know what islands i'm talking about Kickchick.
I've also been to Jamaica. Oh and I'm From South Korea Ulsan so Count that as been to another country.

Tell us where you are going or where you just came back from!

... just don't take The World's Shortest Vacation

I came back from that cruise in April to Western Caribb.... (Belize, Progresso, Key West, Cozumel)

I am going on a road trip to Virginia next week.

Looking to go to Punta Cana by year's end.

I've been to a lot of different places mostly normal holiday places i liked Turkey really friendly people couldn't do enough for you i have also been to Jersey about 5 times Lanzarote 2 Tenerife 2, Majorca and Cyprus didn't like Cyprus much but i was in crappy ayia napa which was mince. also been to Florida which was good too.

I would like to go to New Zeland seems a beautiful country with loads of excting things to try out.

Nothing planned this year apart from going to Wales been there before i like it people are nice and friendly.

i liked Kenya...Thailand was good as well........

going to turkey in september and i spend most winters in france at some point snowboarding.

Toss-up between Malawi which is just amazing- the lake, friendly people, animals, reggae could go on forever and South America (esp Peru) because that was my first big trip and the sky there is so incredibly blue. I love all sorts of environments but am not really a bit city person; give me a mountain to climb or a quiet beach anyday!

Mini-bus has to be the way to travel, preferably with a one eyed driver, someone attempting to sit on your lap, lots of chickens, plastic bags for windows and very loud reggae! Africa!

Sorry rambling now

Where in Va ya going? You'll probably be going past my place.

India still the best vacation, and Turkey one of the best countries I have lived in. The Turks are the most genuinely friendly people I have met.

We are driving to Charlottesville Virginia and taking Rte 81 through Maryland... so yes, probably will be going right by you!
I'll yell "HELLO"!!!!!!!!!~~~~~

My brotherinlaw is stationed in Afghanistan and is coming home next month and is relocating from Fort Drum NY to VA... to further his JAG career.....

I'll be back later in the week....

Back