Vacation with Baby or not?

Rachelle

May 26, 2008
Before I was pregnant my husband and I already planned a trip to Maui for his fathers b day. We now have a 2 year old and a 6 month old baby. We have purchased a ticket for our 2 and a half year old son to come but the plan is to leave our 7 month old then daughter at my moms. But now i am becoming a little stressed about leaving her and keep changing my mind on whether to bring her or not. I know it will be a hand full travelling with and taking a toddler to maui and realize that my daughter might enjoy being at my moms more rather than travelling andbeing somewhere she doesnt recognize and it will be hot. I dont know if I should take her or not. Any experiences of travelling with a toddler and infant or opinions would be appreciated.
We will be staying in a condo and it is for 10 days.
for the one said that its worse to leave her with a stranger...my mom her grandma is hardly a stranger

hi there, its not that bad leaving your child with mom .... im sure ure mom will spoil her since your not going to be there plus she's is safe hands, belive it or not my sister in law left me 3 kids 7,6, and a 5 yr old but had help with others...
however if your going to thinking of your lil 1 everyday, that is she oki .... u myt aswell take her
i would say SHES IN GREAT HANDS YOUR GOING TO BE BACK JUST ENJOY AND TAKE A BREAK

Leave her with your mom. Do some practice weekends before the trip so that baby knows you come back. If the baby spends a lot of time with grandma, it is a nonissue.

I personally wouldn't be able to leave my baby for 10 days...i could do a weekend, but 2 weeks is a long time for baby to be without mommy...

When traveling with children, there will always be some degree of stress going on...so i say bring your baby...

I think you'll enjoy yourself more if you're not missing your baby...

GOod luck

Back