What do high-end dealers like porsche look for in there technicians? To be hired?

Brenden

Oct 19, 2008
My plan after I graduate is to go to a community college and get my associates, while taking auto classes to get my ASE certification at the same time.

After that, I might go to college and major in business admin. or mechanical engineering to get my BA.

My goal, is to become a high-end technician in the least amount of time possible, haha.

One of the manufactures I was thinking about working for was porsche, and at UTI I was under the impression that they had a training program there specifically for that. I was actually thinking about going to UTI, for a pretty long time. I don't know what it's all about, but I do know that they cram all the information they teach you in like 9 months standard. I've heard from retired mechanics that they would hire guys from UTI but they wouldn't know anything. The only reason I would go there, like I said, was for the manufacture's program. Because it would make sense to train guys that are in school, for less money, and hire them straight out of the program. I don't know, I'm a slow learner, so I don't know how that would work out for me. They also said that you are given 53 credits towards devry when you're done and you could get your AA there, but I don't know how I feel about going to devry. I chose community college, because at least they span the course for about a year and a half, and you're going to school at the same time. So by the time you get your AA, you'll have your ASE certification, and you'll have both for a **** ton cheaper than doing it any other way.

So at this point, I have no connections whatsoever, and the only thing definite is that I'm getting my AA and my ASE certification. And possibly my BA, if it's worth it.

What else would I have to obtain, besides experience, to become a technician for porsche, or any other high-end company for that matter?
Oh, thanks for the input patrick! That was the answer I was looking for.

Back