What do you think of 'Little Heretical Humor Never Hurt Anyone...So Far'...

elyslund

Jun 6, 2008
...morning poem/pome? **Now ole King James was just a man, only human...as all the rest...
therefore....

Old King James...are you to
Blame for lack of rays
Into cold rooms where
Monks, scribes, carved
Their names
For lack of shame,
Want for warmth...

How many phrases...
The scribble of shivers,
Not corrected for
Future Dead Sea
Scholars who toss a
Coin in meaning for
A word, a letter...

Fodder for present
Central-air halls.
Old King James, you
Are to blame for torching
The future with
Freezing monks and
Sneezing scribes.
Castles were chilly, damp, and breezey...just think on the ramifications of little, to no, heating...and you KNOW those transcribers weren't thought highly enough of, to get mittens or anything else warm!!! They had candles to transcribe by...mistakes made? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Good old King James! He could have done with some help from the Dead Sea Scrolls and maybe if he had been around they might have cooperated with one another better--- or may-be not. Actually he only put his name on it. The translators did not get the credit for a book that influenced the English language for centuries. The Catholics were not actually allowed to read it except for the Latin versions
(Not everyone could read Latin) He sure did torch the future and the flames spread across Europe much to the Pope's disappointment.

The 'edited' version according to King James! Do you think they actually flipped coins? Now that is an image: monks sitting around a table flipping a coin on an unknown word! lol GM to you.

Does the Anglican Church issue Fatwahs? if not, you should be ok until you try to make it past St Peter...he runs the Book!
Sacred Script interpreted by Man lessens the original's potential for infallability. I think the Good Book has been watered down a lot...ever tried to read the Amplified Version? God's gift to Roget.

The transmission of Scriptural Text through history is like playing "chinese whispers". The message,tense, sense and impact is altered everytime a new version of it comes out. Jesus wept. I'm sure God still cries.

had to Giggle at this one. Good write. I love how your brain thinks!

giggling

Good Morning

This is interesting. I think I'd like to have some more color and touch images. I especially like the line "the scribble of shivers." Would it get so cold that a vow of silence would be welcome, perhaps, because even their voices would crack and splinter in the air? After reading about Mayan scribes--who were next to royalty in regard, you would think the poor Medieval scribes would merit more respect, indeed.

"Freezing monks and sneezing scribes" is amazingly coherent. I refused to have my apartment "benedicted" ( English I don't know), so the priest stood in the cold stairwell and said stuff to someone....

Odd, yet intriguing.

"To each his faith and no one
religion." <<<<<<<<<<<<<< My phrase, you can't steal it.

Back