What does cleaning a PC of viruses usually involve?

Loki

Jun 14, 2008
I took mine to a repair store and they told me they have to wipe all the software and reinstall all of it. I am not sure the problem is a virus; that is their prognosis. the probem is that the PC is very slow.

Wiping a pc of viruses usually includes either a virus scan that searches through every file of ur computer to make sure theres no virus codes contaminating them. Sometimes if ur files are heavily infected and such you have to get your computer restored by having everything wiped out of it. If the PC is very slow its probably a virus or its just dying out but if the PC store said they had to wipe it, its probably a virus.

Wiping a pc of viruses usually includes either a virus scan that searches through every file of ur computer to make sure theres no virus codes contaminating them. Sometimes if ur files are heavily infected and such you have to get your computer restored by having everything wiped out of it. If the PC is very slow its probably a virus or its just dying out but if the PC store said they had to wipe it, its probably a virus.

Back