What happens if I commit a crime in the United States before leaving the Country...

rooster

May 19, 2008
...(See details)? I inherited a massive amount of mu-la from a grandfather and am now set for life. 20 and retired. My lifelong dream is less than a week from being fulfilled, that is, living in Italy. (Yes I speak, read and comprehend Italian fluently and my permanent residency status has been accepted.)

I have all my money, with the exception of $1200 USD to live on for the last week, in Italy, as well as a furnished condo with a balcony overlooking the beautiful city of Rome ready for my arrival.

Before I go, there is this asshole ex boss who needs to have a nice fire to go along with that uninsured 1982 jaguar of hers. (Easily worth 8 grand.)

And I am staying with a friend for my last few weeks so she doesn't know where I'm at or that I'll be boarding a plane to Italy, so she has nothing useful to say when she calls the police. (Not to mention it will take some investigating before it can be proven it was me and at that time I won't be here for my arrest)

So I doubt the state of Virginia is going to waste their resources paying to have extradited all the way back from Italy over a car fire. And she can sue, but since US civil courts have no jurisdiction in Italy a judgment will not effect me at all.

So will I have anything to worry about from Rome?

Back