What is wrong with my 2003 Suzuki SV100S ?

JosephM

May 18, 2008
I was in downtown traffic and out of no-where....POWER DOWN!!!! I mean nothing was working. The bike had just shut off. There was no lights...no ignition noise....no nothing...like the battery had just been removed. I was only going 30 mph...my engine temp was about 186 degrees(which is normal). Thank God I broke down in front of a guys house who was also an avid motorcycle rider.... we looked the bike over and found that it was NOT the fuses(pulled them all out and tested them)...NOT the battery(hooked it up to a tester/charger..it was fine)..... I have no clue what the problem is..... I need help.... I turn the key and I get nothing..no dash lights.... I can get the bike to run...if I run a hot wire from the positive terminal on the battery to the ignition fuse compartment...... Please help!!!!
It is a 2003 Suzuki SV1000S... I noticed I typed SV100S up top.... My B

had a quick look at wiring Diag.. found 3 fuses.. but if these are OK..

I would try hot wire from battery.. hook up to main fuse.. try bike
then hot wire from battery.. hook up to next point...try bike

keep doing this untill I found wire that is broken (could be a wire touching frame/ shorting out)

fix this problem & should be good..

I had a Suzuki Savage that wouldnt run.. was a short under left side cover ( contact to frame)
took me ages to find it..

i don't no whats wrong with it butt i got a way out so u don't have to mess with any thing
by a harley,yamaha or honda

Back