What is wrong with my Saturn??????Help!!!!!!?

LeeM

Feb 14, 2008
I have a 2003 Saturn L300 V6 automatic..... I bought the car about five months ago and everything has been fine until about a week ago. My service light with the wrench on it came on and my car started shifting funny. I was on my way to have it hooked to a computer to diagnose it when the light suddenlt went away and the car was shifting fine. One week later the light came on again and once again it was shifting funny, meaning it was slow to shift and when it did finally shift it would jerk so hard that I thought the trans. was gonna fall out the bottom. I gotta to the shop and they said there was a TSB out for the code that was coming up, which was p1811- max long shift adapt. ????? Don't really understand that but, one shop told me the trans. needs to be rebuilt and another told me a censor was bad somewhere...... anywayz, they reset the computer and the light went off and the jerking stopped, but it still seems to shift slow, smoothly but a liitle slowly. I have been doing alot of research and found that hundreds of people are having the exact same problem, though nobody has reposted to inform what the problem was and what it costed. Can someone please help me,and also can something be done about all these people having the same problem. Shouldn't Saturn have to do something about this piece of crap defect????????
I haven't been to the dealership yet.

Back