What is your favorite dish your Grandma cooks/cooked for you?

gizmo2

Apr 29, 2010
My Grandma is in Heaven now, but she was a wonderful True Southern Cook!
Her fried chicken was amazing, cabbage,pinto beans, with cornbread and fresh onions from her garden were awesome and everyone loved her home-made cat head biscuits! Her chili beans were a family gathering favorite, especially by the kids! Her dessert specials were fried apple pies(Delicious),and her made from scratch Strawberry Cake w/ Strawberry icing was a crowd pleas-er!
We all miss her good cooking, even if it wasn't all kind to your waistline. Lol All above were my favs when she cooked them and are missed!

Nothing,my grandma made gross foreign food I didnt like. I dont like all the meat she used it made me feel sick because I didnt really like meat she used,i dont even eat meat now! So I cant say I ever did like anything she made!

I miss my grandma's real mashed potatoes with pan gravy, her chocolate chip cookies, and her homemade bread was amazing. I have never come across bread that tastes just like hers and now the recipe's gone.

Her goulash though I finally managed to recreate after all these years! It's not really authentic, more like a 1950's version of Hungarian goulash made with hamburger, canned soups, and green olives. But I love it and always reminds me of her.

Mine always had a huge pot of soup on the old coal range that would last for days, as every time she cooked other meals there was the vegetable water and other veggies to be added.

Back