What kind of problems should I look for in a 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible?

alotaibi1987

Feb 19, 2009
My favorite car ever made (looks-wise) is the 1975-1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, and with the economy in such bad shape I see them popping up everywhere. I found a 1976 with 47k miles on it at a car dealership that specializes in Ford Mustangs and am interested in buying it, but what kind of major (ie. expensive) problems should I look for that will be easy to notice. I intend to have a CarChex inspection on it in which they will perform a 155 point inspection, including a 5 mile test drive, however this costs $120+, therefore before I order the inspection I want to see if there is anything I can spot myself that will make me not want to waste my time and money.

I am well aware that this car is 30+ years old and that there will be some problems but as long as its not too bad I can fix it up.

Dealer claims everything is functioning on the car that he is aware of.
Dealer also claims the car had a complete tune up on 6/5/08 and had the Rochester Quadra Jet Carb (not sure what that is) rebuilt on 6/11/08.

Also, I know a little about cars but definitely would not consider myself and expert.

Back