What should I cook for breakfast in the morning?

Christopher

Jun 3, 2008
I dont want to make the same old stuff... Looking to make something different... Any ideas please?

BREAKFAST WRAP

2 eggs/ person
1 tortilla wrap/ person
Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
Drizzle of vegetable oil
Red pepper, finely diced
Onion, finely diced
Cheddar cheese
Bacon
Salsa

In a bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper; set aside.

Heat vegetable oil over medium heat and sauté red pepper and red onion, if using, stirring occasionally until vegetables ate soft, about 2 min.

Pour eggs over vegetables, and continue stirring for just a few minutes until all the egg is cooked.

Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds and place on individual plates.

Divided eggs among wraps and add desired toppings.

Wrap and garnish with fresh fruit.

(This is a favourite of mine. You can make Crepes in place of the tortilla wrap and how much pepper and onion is up to you. You can also add onion powder and/or oregano for even more flavour.)

LEMON-RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH FRESH BLUEBERRY SAUCE

Blueberry Sauce

2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cups water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch

Pancakes
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup oat bran
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup part-skim or extra smooth ricotta cheese
1/3 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 eggs
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla

1. To make sauce, combine blueberries, water, and sugar in a small pot. Heat over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for about 2 min, until some of the blueberries begin to burst.
2. Combine lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl and mix well. Add to blueberry mixture. Cool and stir until sauce begins to thicken, about 1 min. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
3. Preheat griddle to medium-high heat. To make pancakes, combine flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, mix well. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be thick.
5. Add to grill and let cook thoroughly.
6. Garnish with blueberry sauce.

(I'm addicted to these :3)

Back