What should I do if my BF complained about how I dress?

clueless

Jun 14, 2008
To make a long story short, Im going to see my BF and he told me don't wear what I wore last time!!!
Last time I went to Philly it was spring but it was hot and i wore Black Capri with a purple tank top and flip flops because I had to drive 6 hours and I like to be comfortable when I drive. He told me i should of worn a skirt. So I guess his ghetto family was talking about me. Why should I have to dress different around his family and have to impress them or should I dress better? I'm confuse cause this was never a problem for me at all. Does it really matter what I were and Why I have to look like a hoe or sexy??

ouch! you would think that they would want you to cover up.. i'd wear a skirt and maybe a shirt and maybe cute sneakers, or flats, to not dress too skanky

I dated a guy who complained about me not wearing designer clothes. I dumped him. I like to look good, but I'm a pretty laid back western kinda girl and I don't want to waste my money on designer jeans that have already been torn up or other clothes that won't last me a year. If your bf can't accept you just the way you are then you should just get rid of him. You deserve better than that!

Hey,
You should be yourself, if he doesn't truly like this, then he doesn't truly like you. A girl doesn't have to dress like a slut in order to attract a mans attention. Remember, it is not only your boyfriend that will see how you dress (if you dress like a slut) and although you may not think so, this should really be kept private for the both of you to share.

Back