What to do with a kitten that hasn't got a capable mother, if I still want

eee

Sep 7, 2007
to keep it? I befriended this feral cat about 7 months ago and it disappeared for about two days (it usually camps outside the front of the house) and then about an hour ago I noticed it had brought a kitten back to the house, a really pretty one too! Think white base coat with random jaguar-like rings around its body in the colour beige with black outlines and then a small black blotch on its head. SO pretty.

Anyway, the cat doesn't seem to give a damn about her kitten. She's a bit 'special' she doesn't seem to be all there and I know she won't be able to care for the baby well enough for it to grow up, instead it will die. I want to keep the kitten though. It's too young for me to try and feed it myself. What can I do? Won't animal services take it from me? I live in Western Sydney, Australia if anyone has any local solutions.
The kitten is about 1-2 days old. What am I supposed to feed it? That cheese thing you mentioned? Will that really work?

Animal services are stretched too thin to do that.
Try getting some cheese like pizza cheese or goats cheese is better and cut it up in the size of crumbs no bigger than a pencil eracer.
mash it up mix with goats milk and serve lightly warm.
RTegular milk or halk and half if you have to.
But goats milk is best for4 ma baby.
I had to put some on my finger rub it across the baby cats mouth on the side with a real low dish for it to try to feed or do it several times a day.
The other cat may not be lactating or she would let the baby feed offf of her.
I rescue cats she can make it see if you have a boix with a blanket so she does freeze.
You're a good person.
Cut upo chicken and mash it up and walmart has a tube of vitamin paste about 5.00 that is great brings a malnourished cat around in just about 2 to 3 days

Back