when has arguing ever converted someone to christianity?

King'sJesterGigs

May 1, 2010
Ok so some Evangelist Christians (much like my self) try to argue people to Christ I want to know if this has ever worked? We tell them they are worthless and dirty quote a few verses from something they don't believe in and think that's going to bring them in?

There's something that works better: "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant MUST NOT quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him, he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:23-26.
We don't call anyone dirty or worthless unless we are speaking of our former selves. Peace...

It is best not to argue about scripture.

Bashing people over the head with what we believe is not very attractive.

I like the scripture at 1 Peter 3:15.

we do not argue with people

we debate a big difference

we express what god says not our own beliefs

yes they can come to god with god calling them if they are actually sincere in finding god

No. I don't think Christians should EVER call anyone worthless or dirty. It goes against everything we believe in.

nope it won't work at all to covert someone. why? because Christ Jesus said;
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

therefore it is the heart that counts towards coversion.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Never. Religion is one of those issues that can't change someone's views via arguement. Tensions will never stop, so it is wisest to not attack other religions.

I was strong Catholic start of Freshman year. I took World History and Biology that year. Both classes were taught while trying to avoid religious tensions. By the end of the year, I became aetheist as I myself realized, everything made sense whenl I learned the science behind it all, as if the existence of God is completely outdated by modern advancement. Was there an arguement? No, the goal was to go without arguing.

You know why no one converts via arguement? Because you cannot prove religion, as religion is defined by the need of faith in the belief. All facts can be used for and against all religion. But facts only prove science to be more correct.

It's not always a question of converting people. It's a question of understanding the mental process of the unbeliever. To me it is so obvious God exists, yet apparently to many it is seemingly obvious He does not. I would just like to know why we can look at the sam data and draw opposite results.

Back