When you buy an American Car (but the HQ is in another country) does it...

KyleA

Jun 7, 2008
...help our economy? For example Mazda is owned by Ford but the HQ is in Japan. Does buying a Mazda Car help out our economy as much as it does if you just buy a Ford Vehicle. Because obviously both help out more than buying a Mercedes.

It depends, if the company is American based than yes the money goes to the government.

Well Ford actually owns a small part of Mazda (I think they utilize engines and share some platforms) so it would still benefit Japan more than our local economy. Volvo is still a Swedish company and Americans do benefit from a sale, but not to any level of you purchasing a Lincoln or Cadillac. Though American manufactures own and make vehicles in other countries, buying vehicles that are MADE IN THE USA are the best way to support our domestic market.

well the answer in is it helps them more than us. this is because mazda is indeed owned by ford but they do not have a makority stake. they have 33.4% interest in mazada along wiht owning jaguar, land rover, lincoln mercury and others.

i dont know why you wouldnt buy an american car. for one it only helps you sense american auto makers are a huge employer helping our econ. and the fact that people think that american car suck is not true. total myth. i garentee you that if you treat an american car right and dont abuse it that it will last as long or longer than an asian counter part.

dads 2001 jeep has over 250000 miles on it and biggest repair was timimg chain. an easy 3 hour job. moms 2000 f 350 deisel 175000 biggest repair is fuel filter and brake disc.

treat em right and they will pay you back. new oil new oil new oil new oil its like water to the human.

and mecedes was once own by dymler crysler who is now american own chrysler that is idk if they still work together.

Back